Showing old town pump. Southwest corner of Public Square. Jackson Block now the McDonald Block. Andy Hackett Bakery. The frame building to the east was built by Wm Earkuff in 1854 who kept a store there, and Geo Emerson and Fred Chapin kept a general store there for many years. Emerson occupying the 2nd story as a residence. Charley Miller at one time kept a Grocery & provision store. When Joseph Stiefel came to Angola in 1869 he commenced a business in the building. It was occupied by Thomas Gillis with a grocery when it burned down about 1890.
Description written on the back of photo donated to the library.