|Property of Carnegie Public Library|
SE corner Public Square: "Old schoolhouse in the distance. Thomas Gale and Cornelius Gilmore donated the site for the original courthouse which was a frame building. This was replaced by the present brick building, built in 1868, in the style of Faneriel Hall in Boston."
Description written on the back of photo donated to the library.